Joya is a loving wife and mother of two children ages 6 & 8. She has always been a very caring and nurturing person. At the age of 22 she decided to start her career as a medical assistant, and diligently served in a local doctor's office for over 8 years. After having her second child in 2014 Joya decided to dedicate her time to her children and became a stay at home mother, which to this day, she says was the best decision ever.
Aside from being a joyful individual, Joya is a lover of dance and music. Having not only taken technical dance classes, she also taught at a non-profit organization run by herself and her mother in the inner city of Chicago. She also spent many years being a praise dance leader/teacher at church.
Joya is sure to give 1000% of herself in anything she is passionate about. Full of faith she has stepped out to begin her new journey of being a birth doula, child birth educator & breast feeding educator. Joya sets out hoping that every client she works with has a joyful birth experience.
A birth doula is a companion who supports a birthing person/family during labor and birth. Birth doulas are trained to provide continuous one on one care, evidence based information, physical and emotional support to birthing persons and their partners.
I provide one 20 min consultation in-person/virtual consultation with you and your partner (if applicable) in order for your family to be sure I am a good fit for you during such an intimate moment in your life. This a great time to ask questions and get to know one another.
● 3 Prenatal visits to go over birth/postpartum plan, questions and concerns, pain coping techniques.
● Continued support via calls, texts, or emails with questions and support
● 24/7 on call period once 36 weeks
● Being fully present during active labor, and 2 hours postpartum support after labor
● 1-2 postpartum visits to check up on the well being of mom, baby, and family once home.
● Back up doula in the case I cannot attend your birth or your labor exceeds 24 hours
● 1 virtual childbirth education class taught by myself if needed.
$450 Virtual doula only
● 1 initial virtual prenatal visit
● 2 virtual meetings to go over birth plan questions and concerns, preparing your birth partner to provide pain coping techniques during labor
● Continued support via calls, texts, or emails with questions and concerns
24/7 on call period once 36 weeks
● Being fully present during active labor virtually (zoom, Google etc.) and 2 hours of postpartum support after labor
● 1 virtual postpartum visit to check up on the well being of mom, baby, and family
● Providing a back up doula in the case I can not attend your birth or your labor exceeds 24 hours.
● 1 virtual childbirth education class taught by myself, if needed
$40/$100 Virtual Childbirth education class ONLY.
$200 Childbirth education class + help with creating a birth plan (virtual service).
My mission is to provide a birth doula for any woman who seeks one. If for any reason you need to set-up a payment plan for services it will be discussed during your consultation.
** All services begin once a contract is signed and the initial retainer fee is collected.**
Please contact us directly with any questions, comments, or scheduling inquiries you may have.
Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm
Saturday: By appointment
Please call 911
Usamos cookies para analizar el tráfico del sitio web y optimizar tu experiencia en el sitio. Al aceptar nuestro uso de cookies, tus datos se agruparán con los datos de todos los demás usuarios.